April 2004 – Company’s foundation as a Swiss-Emirati co-investment between PrimusTech Investments, the RAK Government and a group of UAE national investors.
After its foundation, FTI went through 18 months of pre-operation activities building and setting up of the infrastructure and the special world-class clean-rooms, the production facilities including the construction of sophisticated utilities technical center; the installation and commissioning of the first wave of manufacturing lines and in parallel the setting up of the organization (key management, administration, sales, logistics, and technical staff.)
• 2005 - Grand Opening Ceremony and Plant inauguration on November 13.
• 2006 - First product certification by Philips.
- ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 certifications.
- First technology transfer program completion and supply to international OEM clients.
- Installation and commissioning of second wave of production lines to ramp up capacity.
• 2007 - Second technology transfer program completion and extension of the offering to include high storage
- Launch of professional product lines and own brand “FalconMedia Pro”.
- Launch of FTI proprietary printable solutions.
- Launch of Archival product line development program.
• 2008 - Technology licensing and launch of the new HD Blu-ray products production, the world first out of
- Successful introduction of FTI own branded products in the European continent.
- First supplies of Blu-ray products to the most demanding Japanese brands and market.
• 2009 - Launch of FTI North American operations of professional and archival product lines sales and start
building the American distribution network.
- Continuous efforts and investments in R&D allowed FTI to extend its products portfolio and position
the company as the leader in innovation of printable - technologies.
• 2010 - Expansion of FTI global market presence, distribution network and number of users.
- Successful launch of FTI Archival media Gold Century second generation product line.
- Presentation and release of FTI new water resistant inkjet printable solutions.
• 2011 - Launch of FTI Archival media Platinum Century product line.
- Release of our innovative Inkjet Glossy printable solution.
- FTI is recognized as the world leader of professional and archival optical data storage media.
- PrimusTech management mandate ended in March and company management was handed over
after a successful mission accomplishment to a new local management team.